** This post contains affiliate links **
Have you heard of a vision board? You may have and you may not.
I personally love them, although I do not use them as much as I probably should.
What is a vision board you ask?
A vision board is a collage of sorts that contains photos, clippings, words, quotes, and whatever else you want to put on it for inspiration.
Vision boards can be used to great a tool of visualization that will help you to manifest your goals and dreams.
The idea is to make a board that will help you visualize and manifest what you want in life.
If you have ever heard of the Law of Attraction, then you kind of know how this works. It’s the ability to attract what you want by putting all your focus into it.
This has a lot to do with mindset as well. if you focus on bad things, you will manifest bad things in your life. But if you focus on the good things, you can manifest all the good things into your life.
A vision board can be as big, small, simple, or elaborate as you want it to be.
It can be digital or physical.
Colorful or plain.
Whatever fits your fancy and gives you inspiration.
How to Create a Vision Board
Now I will give you some simple steps on how to make your own vision board to manifest your goals and dreams.
- I prefer to plan and brainstorm the things that I create. Everyone is different. So if you are more of a jump to it person, go ahead and skip this phase. I would start with journaling about what you want your board to be about. dig deep about what you want. Then start thinking of some images and quotes that represent what you want. Spend some time on this so you really know what you want and how to get there and what it means to you. I also think it helps to make a step-by-step plan on how you will achieve your goal. You can also add this list to your board so you can check your progress.
- Some goal categories can include, personal development, financial, school, work, health, travel, or education.
- Gather supplies
- Head to the computer, books, magazines, newspapers whatever you want, and find the images and words that represent your goal or dream. Print them out, cut them out, write them down. whatever you need to do.
- Gather glue, scissors, paper, glitter, markers, pencils, whatever you want to decorate your board with. You can use a poster board, a whiteboard, corkboard, or even do it digitally on a program like Canva or a photo collage app on your phone.
- Now sit down and start gluing!
- I recommend laying out all of your images onto the board first to make sure you like the placement before gluing them down. Again, you are more than welcome to be spontaneous and just start at it, but I know for me personally I like to plan and overthink things before I do them.
- Find a place to put your board
- If your board is digital I recommend either making it your background on your electronics or printing it out.
- If your board is physical then I would place it somewhere you are going to see it regularly and be able to appreciate it and really manifest your goals.
- All you have to do now is manifest!
- Make sure you look at your board regularly and really focus on what it is you want. The more you focus on it, the easier it will be to achieve.
I recommend doing one board for each goal, that way they get the attention they need. but you are more than welcome to make one large board about your general life and split it up into sections.
No matter what direction you choose to go in for your board, just ensure that you take the time to focus on manifesting your dreams and put the time into how you will achieve them.
Go have fun making your vision board!
Don’t be too precious about it or worry about it being perfect. It should be something for just you and no one else that gives you inspiration and helps you bring to life your goals and dreams.