** This post contains affiliate links **
All week we spend time working and doing household chores, shuffling the kids from place to place, making dinner, and taking the dogs for a walk.
But do we ever take the time to recharge and detox ourselves?
I don’t just mean a five-minute break staring at your phone while you sit on the couch while the water is boiling for dinner.
I mean actually take several hours out of the day to really take time for yourself, relax, recenter, and recharge.
Spend some time journaling and getting all your thoughts down on paper, or taking a bath to relax your muscles and recenter your mind.
Taking this time every now and again can really help keep your stress levels low and keep you going strong.
You don’t have to do this every day, or week. But I do recommend doing it at least once a month.
Even just taking a couple of hours to take a walk, listen to some music, and meditate.
14 Ways to Detox and Recharge
I have created a list of 14 ways to detox and recharge. You can try them all or just try a couple. It’s totally up to you.
- Sleep in, even if only for an extra hour. You never know how much that extra bit of sleep can help you out.
- Drink lots of water throughout the day. Water is a great way to detox the body and give us extra energy. It also helps curb the cravings for unhealthy food.
- Drink tea instead of coffee. Less caffeine is better for you in the long run. Certain teas can still give you that kick of energy without causing a crash and gives the extra benefits of herbs.
- Make infused water with fruits and herbs. There are plenty of good detox water recipes on Pinterest.
- Go for a walk in nature and breath in the fresh air. Listen to the sounds around you and just breathe.
- Stretch or do yoga. Our bodies get tense during the week from all the stress so this is a great time to loosen up and get our bodies back into a comfortable and relaxed state.
- Eat clean food. Try to avoid junk food for a day. Your body will thank you.
- Journal about what’s on your mind to help slow the racing thoughts. Or follow some journal prompts to give you something deep to think about.
- Meditate for five or ten minutes to help slow your thoughts and bring you back to a centered and calm state.
- Be creative. Draw, color, paint, dance, or sing. Just let your creative side out and really have fun.
- Read a book. Escaping into a new world can help us calm down and recharge after a long week of working and chores.
- Stay off electronics. Try not to look at your phone first thing in the morning. And try to restrict your electronics time as much as possible. Your eyes will thank you for not staring at a screen. And your mind will thank you for not reading negative news and comparing yourself to Pinterest moms.
- Spend some time alone. Sometimes this can be difficult, especially if you have children. but try to take at least an hour to just do your own thing and be alone for a little bit. It can really help us to relax and recharge.
- Take a bath. Who doesn’t love to sink into the nice hot water of a bath? This can be really relaxing for your mind and your body. It helps you detox and recharge so you can take on a new week of madness.
These are just 14 things that can help you to take some time to yourself and really relax, detox and recharge.
We all need this time to stay sane and stay motivated.
If we let all the things from daily life take us over and weigh us down, it will just send us into a state of being overwhelmed and overworked and then we suffer from burnout.
Burnout is not good for anyone.
Once we reach burnout it can be really difficult to do our daily tasks, then we fall into a fit of “laziness” where we don’t feel like doing anything.
Then once we don’t feel like doing anything, it can be really difficult to get back on track.
So take the time to detox and recharge so you can stay on the path to success and be the best you can be.