** This post contains affiliate links **
Life is about moments. Create them. Don’t wait for them.
Every day we wake up and we wait for something great to happen. But how often do we actually go out and create that something great?
We stare at our phones all day waiting to see something fantastic.
We wait for the invitation to hang out with our loved ones instead of asking on our own.
We watch TV and hope that something exciting will happen to us as it does to our favorite characters.
Why aren’t we creating these moments? If we want a great time with our loved ones, plan it! Find something to do and invite the ones you love to join you.
Instead of waiting for cute Instagram family moments to just happen, why don’t we get off our phones and spend more time with them?
I think the biggest reason we miss these moments and don’t go creating them ourselves is that we spend the majority of our time sucked into screens. All day every day.
We need to take the time to put the phone down, close the laptop, turn off the TV and just enjoy life.
Some Ideas on How to Create New Moments
- Get on the floor and play with your kids. Even if you feel a little tired or drained from the day at work. You never know how many precious moments you have left.
- Go for a walk alone or with your spouse. Take in the nature and the sounds and just breathe.
- Take the kids to the park. You never know what cute things they will do. Spend some time playing with them.
- Walk the dog or cuddle with your cat. We all could use a little more time with our pets.
- Plan a trip to somewhere new. Get out of your comfort zone and try going somewhere you wouldn’t normally think of.
- Order something different at a restaurant that you wouldn’t normally get. You might be pleasantly surprised and find a new favorite meal.
It’s time to get out of our comfort zones and be free! We should be having fun every day and enjoying life for what it is.
We can complain and rant and rave about how the world is falling apart and how things are difficult, or we can take an extra ten minutes every day and do something we love.
The only way we are going to be able to create new and exciting moments to remember is if we take the plunge to actually do them.
Now go put down your phone, close the laptop, switch off the TV and have some fun with your loved ones.